ANNOUNCING MENTOR PROGRAM FOR EDUCATIONAL TECHNOLOGY LEADERS
The Massachusetts Educational Technology Administrators Association (METAA) is pleased to inform you that the METAA Mentorship Program for Educational Technology Leaders will be launched in Summer 2023.
The METAA Educational Technology Leader Mentorship Program is designed to foster facilitated mentoring connections to support new and current educational technology leaders in developing and advancing their career skills including:
• Taking an active role in the school district’s long-term strategic and operational goals • Understanding the educational environment to recognizing how technology enhances the student’s educational experience • Managing Technology & Supporting Resources
BENEFITS Educational technology leader mentees will connect with a mentor who can offer insight, advice, and opportunity to advance their skill areas essential to educational technology leaders in K-12 schools/districts. Below are some of the benefits of participating in the mentoring program:
• Sets goals for the mentor/mentee partnership • Promotes Personal and Professional Development • Builds Skills and Confidence • Increases Job Satisfaction and Reduces Turnover • Provides access to Deep Dive sessions offered by CoSN relative to the ten essential skills areas in the CoSN Framework of Essential Skills • Offers sessions to understand Massachusetts laws and procedures that impact the inclusion of technology into teaching and learning in each school district. • Creates a networking opportunity with other educational technology professionals
ELIGIBILITY and TIMELINE • The Mentor Program is for new or current school/district educational technology leaders. • Annual program begins in Summer 2023 and will run for 1 year with an optional extension of one additional year. Each mentoring pair will agree on the goals of the partnership and the frequency of the mentoring meetings.
• One Year Cost: $3000
• Mentors and mentees will communicate remotely, or in person, for about 1 1/2 – 2 hours per session weekly. As the mentee gains more skills and confidence the pair will meet less frequently, with a minimum of 15 sessions. All sessions are confidential. Mentors and mentees will also participate in sessions with their cohort to explore “Problems of Practice” 3 – 5 times during the year.
• Additional One Year Cost: $1500
• Mentors and mentees to communicate remotely with a minimum of 6 sessions and check-ins as needed when the mentee requests support in resolving new challenges. All sessions are confidential. There will be an additional 2 sessions with their cohort to explore problems of practice.
There is a limit to the number of mentees accepted in the first cohort of mentors and mentees – so make sure to express your interest by applying as soon as possible using the link below.